Tuesday, November 3, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Five Days in Skye by Carla Laureano

I love books that take me somewhere in my mind, and make me what to go there in real life! Five Days in Skye was one of those books. I honestly need to go to the Isle of Skye, and while I'm at it, visit the rest of Scotland as well!

Carla did a great job of creating characters who have substance and telling their stories without revealing too much, too fast. I loved Andy and her strong personality. She is spunky, quick-witted, and tenacious; all while being insecure and cautious. She's talented, knowledgeable, and takes herself and her job seriously. 

James is a dream character! He's an amazing chef, caring, family focused, and funny. Not to mention he sounds absolutely gorgeous. He's might be a celebrity, but he's still vulnerable, which makes him all the more lovable. 

While there were a few parts that I felt were predictable, there was enough cleverness in Carla's writing that I kept turning the pages, and didn't want to put the book down. The romance is steamy without becoming risque, and I would feel comfortable allowing my teen to read it. I felt like the story also had a good message about forgiving yourself, and leaving the past behind you.  It's a book I will be reading again soon!

I give this one 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment