Sunday, May 9, 2010

Black &White Damask and Yellow Wedding

My daughter's wedding is just a few weeks away, and we've been busy getting ready! She chose black and white damask, and yellow as her colors, and lemon is the theme. We are really pleased with how it's turning out. Her aesthetic is a simple elegance, with a touch of nostalgia.

I've scoured the Internet and magazines for HOURS getting ideas. As I've mentioned before, I'm very good at borrowing ideas, and then adding my own personality to them.

First up: Boutonnieres

Somehow I happened upon a great blog and found this fabulous idea from a blogger named Camille (thanks for the idea!). Rachael loved it! Who would have thought of using buttons for bouts?? Well, apparently more than Camille, because it was also featured in Real Simple Wedding (I LOVE Real Simple)- a different style though. In keeping with our theme, I tweaked it a bit and came up with this:


Groom's


Father of the Bride

p>

Small fry younger brother

And the remaining four menfolk
They aren't having Bridesmaids or Groomsmen, so all the family men will wear bouts and the family women who are sisters etc will wear matching flowers in their hair and matching yellow necklaces; the "older" women (MOB etc) will wear corsages and the necklaces.
A friend is making the corsages and flowers for hair. I'm not superwoman after all!!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. Awesome. You are amazing and I whole-heartedly wish you had been around at my wedding X years ago. Maybe you could have stopped the crazy train?
    Then again, maybe not.
    Beautiful. I can't wait to see pics of the whole shebang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so nice! They fit the reception perfectly :o) Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete